Saturday, December 6, 2008

Stupid Audition

The audition was so bad, I got there like two hours early. And I practiced and I didn't know like anyone there until Jordan showed up, then he went to audition and I was alone for like an hour until Mike came, then Anne, Eric, and finally Jose. Well, some of the flute players told me what the scales were. When I walked into the school I didn't feel very nervous. Then I heard the other flute players, as I've said to others already, I wasn't scared, I just didn't want to look like an idiot, and I did. I went in and they told me to play and A major scale, like I knew they would, and I had practiced it. I could do it in the warm up room, but when I got in there it was so bad, I spent like, no joke, two whole minutes to do when scale. I couldn't get to the top of the second octave, once I'd got there I asked the guy if I had to go back down because it was so bad. He made me go down, that was so embarrassing. Then I did the G flat scale, not as bad, but still sucky. I played my Etudes, they were OK, not great though, and I practiced them for like two months! The I had to sight read, and that wasn't great, as Zack said, it was pretty easy, well it should have been, but it was like my fingers weren't working with my brain and I kept messing up and stopping, so dumb, OK bye!

1 comment:

ZackU said...

really mr. baker said i did good wow all i know is that i messed up and i could of done better yea and what sucked even more is that i was the first guy to audition