Friday, December 19, 2008

Movie Canceled For Me

Yeah, so this movie I was supposed to go see, not happening. Neither my mom nor dad is home to take me. And seeing as the movie starts in two minutes, it just doesn't seem to be on my actual agenda for this evening. But that's OK, there's still gift of lights. I am bummed that I didn't get to hang out with my friends though. I wish Maren could have gone. Then I would have made sure I was there and protested, but seeing as I can't doing anything about it, I doesn't really matter. So, I'm home, not at the movies, and yep, it's officially started, no use going now. Oh well. Sucks for me, and all my friends, they were bringing my Christmas presents to the movie since they all left them at home, OK, not all. Michelle and Aileen did, but it doesn't matter, because Christmas isn't about gifts (although that does not mean that I do not want those presents, I very much still do!) Christmas is about celebrating Jesus birth.
On that subject, this girl Luisa sits behind me in World History. And she's Catholic, but she doesn't often go to church. But I think just about everyone in the world knows that Christmas is the celebration of the birth of baby Jesus. However, Luisa was drawing a really dumb blank, and me and this Christian girl Jennifer filled her in. The talk kind or went something like this.
"What religion are You" Luisa.
"Mormon," A. "Christian," J
"Do you celebrate Christmas" L
"Of coarse!" A + J. "We're the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, of course we celebrate Christmas!" A
"What does that have anything to do with celebrating Christmas?'" L
"Wait are you serious?" J
"Luisa there is something wrong with you, how do you not know about Jesus being born when you're Catholic?" A
"Wait? That's why we celebrate Christmas?"
OK, I'm going to end that conversation there, because Luisa is totally crazy, and that conversation went on for another ten minutes about the birth of Christ and the nativity and her realizing she is totally ignorant to what goes on around her, she knew what it was, she just for some reason never connected one thing to another, and didn't see that Christmas is celebrated BECAUSE of the birth of Jesus, she just thought that was a big church thing. And had no idea what exactly Christmas was, she didn't know, for 16 years on this earth she didn't know what Christmas was about. Good luck missionaries.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alex Lupton, are you for real? You didn't go to the movie? You should have called me and we would have hung out and then you would've known that I could've gone to gift of lights and I wouldn't have been totally bummed out all weekend.

--the loser that didn't go to gift of lights. (you know who i am)