Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm too young!

Yesterday there was a college fair type thing, there were all these Jesuit schools. I really was just going to get out of class, but I recently realized that BYU is really hard to get into. Like, really hard. And there are a lot of really good students being declined, and I'm not that great of a student. Not very special not even a pretty high GPA, plus me and standardized tests don't really rub elbows if you know what I mean, OK, you don't know what I mean... I stink at taking tests OK. Now you know, and BYU looks at grades, which is not the best thing in the world for me. So, I've decided to look into other options. I'll keep my hopes up for BYU. But it's not going to be easy, and I'm going to have to work really hard.
The most promising of the schools were the Loyola ones. There's some in California that look nice, the one in LA and the one in San Fransisco are nice. Then there's this college in Denver that doesn't look bad either. The good thing about these schools is that they look at the WHOLE person, as in, what did she do when she wasn't at school. They aren't Mormon schools, but that's OK as long as I'm getting an education, plus they give out a LOT of scholarships and that's always good. So, yea College, not something I WANT to think about, but something I NEED to think about. Peace out everybody!

2 comments:

Jamison and Amy said...

Alex,
Don't forget you can always consider BYU Idaho or Hawaii. Idaho's the best, not only because it's at a pretty reasonable tuition pricing and all that, BUT I also found out that after your first semester; if you keep up your grades, the school will pay tuition for you! Say you have a 4.0 GPA after the first semester...no matter what classes you take...you get your whole tuition payed off for the second semester. If you have a 3.8 GPA you get 75% of tuition payed for, and so on. It's really great! You should definitely look into it as well. It's not BYU Provo, but I've actually heard a lot more good reports from Idaho than Provo! :)

Jamison and Amy said...

P.S. My "codename" is snowflake, but it's just me...Amy Fernelius! Just in case you didn't know Alex! :)

Plus: you can go to my new blog...it's not totally awesome yet because I just started it yesterday, but I'll keep blogging. I've got another one I was working on, but I decided to make that one private and this new one public! www.amyfernelius.blogspot.com
Love ya! Keep that faith of yours strong! :)