Monday, February 23, 2009

Exoerience of a lifetime

So when I got home last night it was a normal night, put my clothes in the wash last minute so then I had to stay up and flip them. Made sure I had my homework done, I did... for the most part. Took a shower because there was a whole twenty five more minutes to go and I had nothing to do. Came upstairs and checked how many views I had on my video, 513 by the way. Then I flipped the clothes and went into my room. There, sitting on my bookshelf was a pair of scriptures, so I grabbed them and began to read, Four chapters of fourth Nephi, then I was tired. Usually I end up so close to sleep when I remember to pray that I just do it while I'm lying down, but last night I figured I should get on my knees and pray. So I did. It was a normal prayer, very normal. Then I lay back down onto my bed, and whenever you pray you're supposed to listen. So I just sat there, listening, then the strangest and best feeling ever came over me, it was peace. Just a sense of peace, and I knew I would be OK. I know, it's absolute fact to me, that this church is true. That peace is what I'll feel when I'm with my heavenly father, that sense of peace alone would make me want to be as best I can, it was the most amazing feeling!

I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and I know this Church is true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alex, This is your moms friend (and yours too!) April from St. George. You are an awesome young women! You are an inspiration to me! Thanks for sharing your experience and testimony. I love the video too! Great job! Keep up the good work. April

velvetysweetness said...

I know that feeling too...and I know what you mean with the whole laying in your bed prayers...I know it makes a HUGE difference when you actually get on your knees! I'm glad you had that experience. You also are a great inspiration to me!!!:)