Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Yet another poem by me

COME BACK

There it goes,
That secret I'd cradled for so long
Now, through much pain and tears
It's escaped the cage of my soul

Marionette strings pull sharply on my heart
Dragging away my beloved secret
Into the arms of the one in the world who can't find it
For then my heart will surely rot to nothing

Now it has
And the hole left will never be filled
Unless you step in yourself
To be my heart, as mine has now passed

But For now it remains empty
And the cold brings icy tears to my shocked frozen eyes
But maybe you can warm them up
If you could only accept my damaged heart, without a secret

Only one life is unbearable
A life in which I'm alone with the pit that is my heart
Now boarded up and under construction
And you're gone, never to come back... with my heart

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your poetry just gets better and better