Sunday, October 19, 2008

Maren, this poem explains a lot. I read your blog. I'm so sorry.

PROMISES

I've been gone
I know it, you know it
It's not the same
But I promise, I've come back

There has been much avoidance
Many these last few weeks
I can't take it, you can't either
But I promise, I am back

I've shed tears
They're hear right now
I've missed you, you've missed me
But I promise, I'll be the best that I can be

I've dragged you through the mud
And you should just walk away
I've hurt you, and you were always true for me
But I promise, if you stay, I'll jump back to where we were.

I shouldn't be forgiven
I've been nothing but an idiot for too long now
I see it, and though you're too amazing to probably say it out loud...
you see it too.
But I promise, my brains have returned

I miss you... I'm sorry

Maren, this poem was written for you, and about you, I am SO sorry. I will never be like this again. I promise you. I am so sorry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Humans were sent to earth to discover their idiocy. We were both responsible. I don't blame you at all. I probably wouldn't want to hang out with me either. You're definitely not an idiot... just human. You did nothing wrong. There's no need to forgive because there was no intentional wrongdoing. Besides, you have the freedom to do what you wish; if that includes non-stop physical education, I understand. I know P.E. can be distracting. :D

Alex Lupton said...

Thanks Maren. You are amazing. You make me feel so good about myself even though I'm completly crazy.

Anonymous said...

crazy AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

your poetry is beutiful