Thursday, October 9, 2008

This is another poem that I just wrote. I want some comments, I like reading them, so tell me what you think.

"Heart"

I long for that moment everyday
When you catch my heart and set it free.
And winds blow it far beyond my sight
Though it always finds its' way back to me

I wish for it to stay away
The returning pain leaves deeper marks that cuts or nicks
or bruises.
But the pain is worth it in the end
Because you're there to lift it out of me again.

And there's days when you don't come
And I'm left on a park bench, awaiting the arrival of nothing.
And my heart pounds, willing to escape
And the darkness presses on with only a trickle of light left on
my beating heart.

It would all seem worthless,
But then you're there, scooping my feebly beating heart away.
Leaving something far greater behind
And that will last 'till you leave again and I'm alone.

But at this second with you, I am free.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

You are a FaBuLoUs poet icetea!! I love this poem; it just shows how much love a couple can have for each other, but a sincere genuine love!!!!! I'm so glad that you are sharing your poems with others... they are so beautiful......get it copyrighted!!!!! :D Seriously!

This poem makes me feel really good about my future....you didn't even write it for me but it reminds me that someone out there is waiting for me!!!!!!! *sniff* *sniff* :D
Always keep writing icetea!!! You have great material.

ZackU said...

wow Alex that nice and sincere you really do have a thing for poetry you are really good keep it up

Jill Lupton doTERRA IPC said...

As a poet myself I would love to critique this post. So here goes..... First stanza, awesome imagery. Second stanza, first 2 lines, totally make me feel pain (in a good way), reaching on line 3 & 4. 3rd stanza, desperation is showing, good, good, great. 4th stanza losing hope, sadness, I think you could end this as happy as the first stanza and not leave the last line standing, bring it full circle. all in all, i would give this 8 out of 10.

Anonymous said...

its beutiful