Sunday, August 17, 2008

Why Do I? A Poem written by me

When my cheeks are rouge
And my belly topsy,
Why do I only get that feeling
When you are around?

When we pass
And our eyes meet,
Why do I look away
When longing tells me to gaze?

When I grasp the table
So as not to collapse in your presence
Why do I make myself out as a fool?
Like a jester to a pompous king

When I converse
But loose my chance in an aquarium full of nerves
How can a heart break on its’ own
Without expecting consequences?

Why does denial snatch my unplanted seed,

When the garden next door has ripened fruits?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you've decided to share your poetry with people... it's about time.

Anonymous said...

Wow icetea! You're a really awesome poet! Keep sharing your fabulous writing...I want to hear more!!! :D

velvetysweetness said...

Yea you're really good!!! They summed up what I think! I really miss you!! ):