Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Gone, another by me

Where did she go?
That sweet bottle of innocence
Not knowing of all the creepy cruelties
All the examples of an elated soul’s mercy

Where has she gone?
The glimmer in her eyes
As her world springs up to meet her
Like a coil set loose from the proper place

Dear friend…
…where has she gone?
When did her ignorance depart?
At the park, watching a mother bird desert her kin?
Or
At a loved one’s final departure,
When it’s too late to know love,
But not late enough to say the words

Where did she go?
I’ll tell you where my dear friend went,
She left me at a four way stop,
With only one way to go…

Onward

2 comments:

velvetysweetness said...

I usually don't care much for poetry but that was REALLY good!

Anonymous said...

I think that you should write a book, full of your cool poems.

EVEN BETTER!!!! : you should make really cute poems for kids and make an illustrated story book!!!

YOU'D MAKE MILLIONS!!!!$$$$$

This is good stuff ice tea! :^)