Monday, April 30, 2012

So Close and So Far

I know you would expect this post to be about the fact that there is only a month left until the missionary comes home. BUT NO, This post is to celebrate the fact that there is now LESS than a month until the abominable Whitney moves to Germany.

I don't know if you know this, but I work with the devil. Literally, I think it was like the body snatchers and she has a daemon living inside of her. I have lived for nine months with this women over my shoulder at work, and I only have to last through one more month of incredibly annoying stories. This means that there are only a limited number of "oh my gosh my dog is so cute, she's a four pound chiwuawa who poops rainbows and cures cancer with her eyes" stories and even less "my husband has been gone for four months, it's so much worse than your boyfriend being gone for two years!" talks. I will only have to endure her endless updates of "Oh my gosh my Hubby is so smart! He got a 99% on his test, I just want to make out with him, oh and he's so hot" (no he isn't). I will only have to listen to a few more weeks worth of phone calls to the air force where she sometimes screams at them "What do you mean I have to put my dog in a kennel! I can't do that! She's my baby! WAhhhhhhhhhh! Why are you trying to ruin my life?" or "Hello, my husband has been in basic training for four months, I am not trying to be the annoying wife (IT'S NOT WORKING), but can you just get me a house that lets me keep my dog with me!" I swear, this dog is her freaking life, I've never met it and I want to punt it across a football field!

She is part of the party planning committee with me, and I just convinced her today that it is not a good idea to throw HERSELF a potluck to tell everyone goodbye at work for her last day of work. She is ridiculous, every one's world needs to revolve around her, she never leaves our office without me. She makes me go with her to the bathroom, the kitchen, and the copy room. I swear her parents never taught her how to do anything on her own, it's like she's afraid she'll be kidnapped on the way to the other side of the office.

Basically this is a call to everyone to rejoice with me that I will only have to endure THREE more weeks of this torture before I AM FREE. Thank you Lord for this gift of solitude that will be bestowed on me so soon. I could cry in relief of this burden. How I have prayed for the Lord to give me patience, and he answered my prayers even better than I could have imagined, He decided to send her halfway around the world. I KNOW THE CHURCH IS TRUE.


PS. I got bangs. I have gotten mixed feelings on them. Girls tend to love them and compliment me everytime they see me, boys hate them and ask me why I got a haircut. My boss saw me and said "You got a haircut... you should warn us next time." So, there you go.

1 comment:

Brigg and Dianne said...

So are you blissfully free of this annoying person now???